Saturday, February 16, 2008

My Brain is Still Frozen from Late Night Ultimate Frisbee

It's been a long day. The post-a-day streak is still alive because, even though it is technically Saturday, I have yet to go to sleep so it's still Friday night to me. That's the way it works around these parts.

Tonight our ward had a Ward Date Night activity. What happened was everyone was basically randomly paired off, a gigantic blind date. Of course, if you knew the person you were paired with, it would be just like hanging out. If you were like me and got paired with someone you'd never met before (who was visiting a friend in our ward), then it was definitely a blind date. After the night's experience, which was positive, I have concluded that I am probably a really boring blind date.

This could just be my self-depracation speaking, but I know that I often struggle in a blind date situation to keep things interesting. After the initial get to know you questions, my mind seems to go blank. I have written in past entries about my inability to think of things to say when I'm around interesting people, and blind dates are no different. I think things were kept on the real for most of the evening, and I had an enjoyable time, but I probably didn't come off as a terribly interesting person.

Is the person writing this blog post the real me or is it the awkward person who doesn't know how to charm women with interesting conversation?

No comments: