Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Time for Some Real Talk.

Is anybody out there? No, really. Is there anyone out there actually reading this blog? If so, please leave a comment.

I just want to share something that I learned once upon a time. When a girl says, "I don't feel like I can be in a relationship right now," she really means, "I don't want to be in a relationship with you." Okay, I can understand that; I probably wouldn't want to be in a relationship with me either, but at least tell me that straight up. Don't feed me any more of your conscience-sparing "I'm not the bad person here" garbage. You heard me.

Alright, time for some real talk. Do girls think that they are somehow sparing our feelings? Do they think that we are not smart enough to see what is really going on? I would think so much more highly of a girl that told me she didn't want to be in a relationship with me. I can respect brutal honesty, even if it hurts at first. I cannot, however, respect someone who can't find the courage to speak truth when it is most needed. Speaking half-truths in order to spare someone's feelings is insulting and the exact opposite of what this blog and its authors stand for.

Women of the world, be sincere in accepting us or courageous in rejecting us. We'll thank you either way.

No comments: